Who can enter for the Awards?
Journalists or media houses in the below categories:
- Private/Commercial Radio
- Community Radio
- Print Media
- Online Media
How to enter for the awards
Organisations or individuals may submit entries, by filling in the form prescribed by MISA Zambia. It is attached to this call for entries. Entrants may appoint a proxy to make a submission on their behalf provided that such an entry has been approved by the person who authored the work being submitted. The entrant authorizing a proxy shall show proof of such an instruction. The proxy shall be obliged to make a submission in the name of the person appointing them. Each person or institution may make a maximum of only three different entries across the awards.
The entries should cover the period 25th September 2020 to 20th August 2021.
Submit a copy of the article/program from the categories above and should elaborate how this article/programme made a difference in Zambia.
What will the Judges Be Looking for?
- Analytical reporting
- Use of facts in the reporting
- What type of effect the reporting had?
- Did it trigger discussion or debate?
- Did it result in policy action or improvement in service?
- Should exhibit Independence, Impartiality, Coherence, simplicity, Clarity, and Plot,
- Should be Ethically sound article/programme,
- Coherence, simplicity, clarity, and plot.
Award Submission Rules
Judges will only consider the entry that is accompanied by the entry form and formats outlined below, so great care must be taken in the preparation of entries.
- Entrants should show proof of publication of their submissions by including press cuttings (photocopy) recorded radio or video programme including confirmation from supervisor of the entry having been published.
- Every entry (print, video and audio included) must have a 100-word opening statement describing why the entry should be deemed worthy of an award. This can be written on the form attached as Appendix I.
- Entries should clearly be marked as to which category is being entered for and the name as well as organization / media platform it was published in/on. This should be accompanied by a brief profile of the individual or organization entering the award.
- Audio and video submissions should be in a format widely and readily accessible format such as .mp3, .mp4 and .wma, among others.
- For ease of submission and more details, prospective entrants can make use of our online portal
- Press cuttings / Jpegs which must be A4 in size.
- Slide Show Images: Please include videos and images that in some way represent your entry. This shall not be used for the judging process but may be used in a slide show presentation at the Awards ceremony to educate the audience on the entries put forward.
- Entry Submission Deadline is 20th August, 2021 by which date MISA must receive your entries by 16 00hours.
- Any entry received beyond that date and time will not be considered. Deadline is strict and not negotiable!
- Entries will be judged by an independent body of adjudicators from the industry and academia.
- The adjudicators’ verdict in each category shall be final.
- A custom designed MISA Zambia trophy/plaque will be presented to all winners accompanied by monetary compensation.
The MISA Zambia Platinum and Golden Media Awards will be presented and held on 24th September 2021.