There are many benefits to becoming a MISA Zambia member, including:
- Access to our legal defense fund which supports journalists and others facing persecution for exercising their right to freedom of expression
- Networking with local and international bodies pushing for freedom of expression and the media
- Association with a credible and professional media body
- Opportunity to contribute to a better media operating environment
- Reference letters for members.
Membership is open to journalists, media workers and others interested in the cause of freedom of expression.
If you are interested in becoming a member, you need to fill in the application form. You either download the PDF form here or pick up a copy from our office at Plot 3814, Martin Mwamba Road, Olympia Park, Lusaka.
Before emailing us the filled-in form, you need to pay the appropriate membership fee as listed below. If you aren’t sure which fee to pay, please contact us on +260 211 294 285/6 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MISA Zambia membership is divided into three categories;
- Gold K500 (for journalists with five or more years of experience)
- Silver K400
- Bronze K200
Membership fees can be paid into the MISA Zambia Bank Account with the following details:
Investrust Bank, Odys Branch Account no: 110710090610019
Communication from MISA Zambia
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the forum for members to receive the report from MISA Zambia and interact with like-minded members on various issues of benefit.
- The Secretariat communicates to all members when need arises through email.
- Members receive updates on activity implementation through the MISA Zambia Facebook and Twitter Accounts with full interaction.
- Members are free to write or contact the Secretariat for any inquiry or to report any hindrance to their work for action to be taken.
- Members are expected to respect and adhere to media ethics.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner so as not to bring the profession and MISA Zambia into disrupt.
- Members are expected to promote the ideals of media freedom, freedom of expression and access to information.